Oxfam Novib is committed to ridding the world of poverty. We have a conviction that people are well capable of building a livelihood without poverty on their own, once given the chance to do so. Which is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to take into
account the interests of the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve Dutch men and women also in our work. We work together with other Oxfam affiliates to increase our impact on development issues.
Oxfam Novib is looking for a Country Director based in Nigeria - 36 hours per week
Start date: February 2012
Among other roles, the Country Director guides the Oxfam Novib registration and decentralization process in Nigeria, with the aim to have a fully operational team of approx. nine staff on September 1st 2012 and take over responsibilities from HQs by November 1st 2012.
He/She must among other qualities, have
- High level financial management skills to steer the operational budget.
- Experience of fundraising from diverse institutions, local, regional and international.
- Understanding of managing security and risk within an INGO context.
- Good level of IT literacy and an understanding of how new developments in technology can positively contribute to the aims of an INGO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence, and negotiate.
- The ability to speak and write professional English.
More information and application procedureAre you interested? Please send your application letter and CV and mentioning reference number 5-111 to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Shabinah Asgarali, before January 18, 2012.
For more information on this position, please contact Mr. Gerard Steehouwer (email@example.com).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information Click here
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!