FUTO Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited is one of the Community Banks that were approved for Conversion to a Unit Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in December 2007.
The Bank is situated on the Campus of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri and draws its customers from the University, Staff, Students, and Contractors of the University and from the surrounding communities. The Bank has vacancy for the position below;
1.) Managing Director/Chief Executive
The Managing Director shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the Bank and shall be responsible to the Board for the overall administration of the Bank.
- He shall co-ordinate the activities of the various Unit Heads towards attaining the set objectives of the bank.
- He shall direct the development of the bank and provide strategic direction implement plans and prepare budgets
- To exercise direction, supervise, control over the bank’s activities and personnel in the provision of financial services
- To monitor the bank’s plans, policies, strategies and control its functions and activities through effective delegation and supervision of financial services
- He shall coordinate the bank’s activities to ensure optimal returns to shareholders.
- To represent the bank before the external environment.
- To monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, Board, Policies, and Guidelines.
The ideal candidate for the position should posses the following:
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Credit passes in five (5) subjects which must include English Language and Mathematics
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years post qualification cognate experience with at least 1(one) year at a senior management level
- Good IT skills
- At least a First University degree or a Higher National Diploma (HND)
- AIB or equivalent professional qualification
2.) External Auditors
- To make to the Shareholders a report on the annual financial statement of the Company and every such report shall contain true and fair statements as to the matters and such other information as may be prescribed from time to time by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- Any other additional functions and powers that the Company’s Articles of Association may stipulate.
- To ascertain whether the accounting and reporting policies of the Company are in accordance with legal requirements and agreed ethical practices;
- To review the findings on management matters in conjunction with the internal auditor and departmental responses thereon;
The ideal Firm for the position shall satisfy die following requirements:
- A member of a recognized professional accountancy body in Nigeria;
- Continues in professional practice as accountant and auditor in Nigeria;
- Must show evidence of tax clearance certificate of Partners;
- Must have a known office address;
- Must have qualified staff with cognate experience.
- Have a minimum number of three (3) partners;
- Must show evidence that they have been External Auditors to a Microfinance Bank, other banking or relevant bodies, for at least five (5) years;
The remuneration package for the position is attractive and consistent with what obtains in the industry.
How to apply
To apply, Please sent ten (10) copies of type written application with detailed current resume and credentials addressed to the undersigned:
Futo Microfinance Bank Nig. Ltd
P.M. B. 1526,
Owerri Imo State.
Note: Applications must reach the undersigned on or before 18th Friday, March 2011
Note: The right candidates must be highly motivated and dynamic individuals with excellent organizational and planning skills.
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!