The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to assist its programs in Nigeria. The Officer will be based in Abuja and will help in reporting program activities and monitoring program impact. He/she will use data management skills and analysis to monitor program objectives, results, and impacts and will be supervised by the Institute’s Resident Director in Nigeria and will be supported by staff based in Abuja and Washington, D.C.
JOB TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
JOB LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time/Regular
This position is available immediately
- Develop tools for collecting information necessary to monitor and evaluate program activities such as surveys, interviews and focus groups; identify relevant secondary sources of information; train staff to use these tools/sources; and oversee the collection of M&E data;
- Collect data on program results and impact and, based on this information, prepare and submit regular reports in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements; and
- Assist program staff in identifying and highlight achievements of program objectives and outcomes
- Develop performance monitoring plans and work plans in cooperation with the resident director and other senior staff;
- Develop indicator of success and methods of measurement and conduct baseline assessments based on the project’s objectives;
- Undergraduate degree in a field of study related to international development required; graduate degree in political science, international relations, public policy, law, or related field preferred;
- Experience with designing and employing evaluation tools and methods such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, and research from secondary sources;
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff and members of donor organizations;
- Proven capacity to meet program goals while managing financial, administrative, and security responsibilities;
- Superior oral and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuade manner in English;
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience working in the field of democracy and governance, with a minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in performance monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in result-oriented program design, strategic planning, and program evaluation;
- Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program and political issues;
- Experience in implementing large USAID funded international development programs strongly preferred;
Method Of Application
Interested candidates shall apply sending the cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 18th July 2012. Subject should be Monitoring and Evaluation officer.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other characteristics protected by law