- Determining who are engineers for the purpose of this Act;
- Securing in accordance with the provisions of this Act the establishment and maintenance of register of persons entitled to practice as registered Engineering Personnel and Consultants and the publication from time to time of lists of those persons;
- Performing the other functions conferred on the Council by this Act
- Determining what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as Engineering Personnel and raising those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit;
- Regulating and controlling the practice of the Engineering Profession in all its aspects and ramifications.
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is a full time duty and is the on the spot Chief Administrative Officer and shall be answerable through the President ofCouncil to the Council.
- It shall be the duty of the Registrar to prepare and maintain, in accordance with rules made by the Council under this section, a Register of the names, addresses and approved qualifications, and of such other particulars as may be specified, of all persons who are entitled in accordance with the provisions of this Act to be registered as registered Engineering Personnel and Consultants and who apply in the specified manner to be so registered.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the requisite professional and administrative advice to the Council and leadership to the staff of the Secretariat laid down by the Act and theCouncil in the achievement of the objectives of COREN.
- His/She shall foster good rapport with the relevant organs and Key Officers of the Council and other professional bodies that could lead to the ultimate attainment of the COREN objectives.
- The candidate should posses a Bachelors degree in engineering and should have been registered with COREN in any of the engineering disciplines that COREN regulates.
- The candidate should be a corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 25 years post qualification cognate experience relevant to the engineering profession.
- The age of the candidate must not be more than 55 years at the point of his first appointment.
The following other qualifications will be an added advantage:
- Higher Engineering degrees such as Masters, Ph.D etc.
- Degrees and professional qualifications in Accounting, Law, Business Administration and Management
- Membership of professional Management/Administration bodies
- Computer proficiency
Terms of Appointment;
- The appointment is for a period of three (3)years in the first instance;
- Very attractive salary, which is not below that of any similar regulatory Council or that of a Professor in the university.
- The Officer appointed will be entitled to an official car with driver, a soft furnished accommodation or an allowance in lieu.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in ten (10) copies of up-to date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full Names, Surname underlined
- Marital Status
- Number of Children indicating the age of each one
- Date and Place of Birth
- Membership of Professional bodies
- Work Experience in chronological sequence
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Publications if any
- Names and Addresses of three referees
- Current Postal Address & Email Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Date available to assume duties if appointed
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN)
No. 22, Addis Ababa Crescent, Wuse Zone 4,
P.O Box 8461, Wuse, Abuja.
Please note: Candidates are required to ask their referees to send confidential report on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
Application Deadline:21st November, 2012
Preparing for NLNG Aptitude Test? Get the Past Quests and Answers