Guiness Nigeria Plc - We are Guinness Nigeria, member of Diageo Plc the world's leading premium drinks business with an unrivalled collection of beverage alcohol & non-alcohol brands across the Spirits, Wine & Beer categories.
Among the incredible portfolio is the Guinness Trademark (Foreign Extra Stout & Extra Smooth), Premium Lagers (Harp Lager, Satzenbrau Pilsner & Armstrong Dark Ale), Nigeria's #1 Malt drink, Malta Guinness and the world’s leading Ready to Drink brands (Smirnoff Ice & Gordon's Spark).
We are now seeking highly competent and experienced professionals to join our West Africa Manufacturing Support Team.
Job Title: Marketing Manager – Spirits & Ready to Drink (RTD)
Type of Job: Full Time Exempt
Location: Lagos based with some travels within and outside
The Marketing Manager will work closely with the General Manager DBN, Marketing Director and the Customer Marketing team
The role will lead the marketing agenda for the Diageo spirits & Ready to Drink (RTD) portfolio in Nigeria, developing brand strategies and leading the execution of these strategies to ensure that chosen priority brands are leaders in their categories in Nigeria. The role will continually identify & quantify new growth opportunities for the portfolio based on continuously updated consumer insights, developing new growth drivers if required in partnership with West Africa Spirits Hub Team, whilst developing Spirits Marketing Talent for the future in Nigeria & Africa.
- Work with the DBN General Manager & Marketing Director, Nigeria to set and execute the Nigeria five-year Strategy on Spirits & RTD Brands
- Support and lead Spirits Brand growth with Marketing Director by developing & implementing the code for growth for Spirits/RTD
- Lead the development of the local Game Plan and lead the categories in the Joined up Business Planning (JUBP) process
- Work with the in-market teams & commercial managers to turn the Spirits annual GAME brand plans into “executable” commercial plans and assist with the development of missing growth drivers
- Liaise with the West Africa Spirits Hub Team & fellow African spirits brand teams (Kenya/ South Africa) to ensure 2 way search & spin of growth drivers on the priority brands and lead delivery across the region
- Develop & Coach the Nigeria Spirits Marketing team on Marketing & Spirits excellence in execution and support the DBN Customer Marketing team
- Assist DBN General Manager in establishing the evolving route to market assessment for Spirits in Nigeria including a plan for correct COGS & efficient SKU’s for long term growth
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred
- Postgraduate Qualifications an advantage
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (6-10 years)
- Proven experience in Consumer insight generation and strategic penetration
- Strong identifiable track record of success
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally
- Budget & cost control management
- Strong project Management skills and experience
- Proven track record of leading & inspiring Agencies
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial acumen & Marketing judgement
- Can demonstrate excellent cross-functional working skills & thought leadership
- Extensive experience of ATL and BTL strategy development and implementation
- Proven ability in Team Leadership / Strategic thinking (minimum of 3-4 years)
- Spirits experience / knowledge is essential
- Proven experience working in emerging markets
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to manage and influence a cross functional team
- Inability to learn fast, adaptation to a new, flexible role and manage relationships with varied stakeholders
Application Deadline: 5th November, 2012
How to Apply
Interested candidates should
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!