The Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPFN) is a national non-governmental organization promoting Reproductive Health (RH) in Nigeria. PPFN seeks suitably qualified candidates for the following vacant positions
under the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL)-funded Project for a one-year contract of employment:
Position: Research Associate (RA2012)
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
The purpose of this position is to support the implementation of the JPAL Project initiatives in the evaluation of community-based interventions designed to decrease maternal mortality in the rural communities in northern Nigeria (Jigawa) titled “Strengthening the Midwives Service Scheme with Community Focused Interventions: Evidence from a Randomized Controlled Field Trial in Nigeria”.
The Research Associate will work closely with academic researchers and other field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- Communication activities
- Data Management
- Financial Management
- Degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Public Policy, Public Health or related fields.
- Experience in the management of programme implementation or field research in health or development economics in a developing country for at least a year
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials preferred
- Good understanding of finances and budgeting is essential
- Capability to coordinate and supervise other staff
- Excellent management and organizational skills along with strong quantitative skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations
- Knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred) or other data analysis software is preferred.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified persons are invited to send in their one page letter of application indicating the position applied and justification for their applications and comprehensive career resume to:
Email: Please refer to ppfn.org for more details on this vacancy.
Application Deadline 1 November, 2012