PricewaterhouseCooper provides industry-focused Assurance Tax and Advisory services to build public trust and enhance value for our clients and their stakeholders.
PwC is recruiting to fill the below position:
PwC is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, China Business Group
Reference Number: NI8548706389
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Day
Expected Start Date: 2 January 2013
The CBG Manager will manage the CBG on a day-to-day basis, reporting to the CBG Partner, closely collaborating with the all LoS in West Africa and Africa. The role requires 100% full time.
- Business development initiatives
- Develop and deliver an annual business plan for the CBG in line with the wider firm’s strategy;
- Deliver and manage the CBG marketing plan by overseeing events, seminars, annual China events and by regularly liaising with the EM Marketing Manager;
- Identify and generate ideas for PwC seminars in accordance with the Group strategy, in conjunction with key stakeholders from different lines of service and industries, whilst maintaining overall responsibility for the organisation of the seminars;
- To manage all West Africa /Global firm compliance, risk management and independence procedures when organising events, sponsorship, proposals etc.
- To work towards client delivery in terms of project management of any incoming China related ITT, RfP or RfI;
- To manage the relationship and key activities with our strategic partners and other important trade bodies
- Provide research on any potential and current opportunities.
- On an ad hoc basis, develop topical ideas for PwC ‘thought leadership’ publications in accordance with the Group strategy. Working closely and with the agreement of the EM team, helping to develop these ideas through to product dissemination.
Cost and opportunity management
- Generate and manage, the annual CBG budget and manage and control costs of individual initiatives. To produce on a monthly basis an analysis of CBG costs and accruals, reporting variances and analysing discrepancies;
- To record, monitor and report on any Return on Investment following CBG events, seminars, workshops, client meetings etc;
- Manage CRM for all West Africa China related contacts and client opportunities;
- Maintain a record of client leads, opportunities and wins generated as result of the activities of the China Group for monthly reporting to the central EM team.
- To manage and deliver the CBG client targeting initiative on the top Chinese companies. This involves managing the direct client targeting of Chinese companies, including preparing company packs and account planning for our top targets;
- Where appropriate, indentify and attend relevant seminars, networking with the delegates and the organisers, aiming to generate follow up leads, including generating and analysing potential sponsorship opportunities, ensuring that the firm’s Return on Investment is identified and agreed with the Markets & Industries Group;
- Provide support for China related client work and account management for West Africa
- Analyse and actively monitor regional, country and industry press;
- Desktop analysis of Chinese businesses (financials, markets, products, competitors) on behalf of internal contacts;
- Providing China/regional input, where relevant, to proposal teams;
- Build comprehensive xLoS networks within the West Africa and Chinese firms;
- Identify key internal stakeholders, both in the West Africa and China, managing the communication of ideas and activities to achieve the China Group strategy; and
- Work closely with the EM Team and other territory desks, to share best practice and relevant information and explore opportunities for EM-wide initiatives.
- Identify and meet with key regional contacts (e.g. embassies, investment promotion bodies) and build long term relationships with clients and targets to identify and generate business opportunities;
- To manage all China Interest Group initiatives and meetings, including any Community Affairs activities;
- Pro-actively liaise with the central EM team to provide timely and relevant content for the China Group external website and to utilise knowledge sharing platforms such as Spark Spark, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and regular update of information.
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate strong aptitude for business development and building long term relationships, and
- Will have experience of client delivery, and project management skills.
- Sound commercial judgement, analytical skills and an ability to think laterally;
- Hands-on approach and attention to detail;
- Interest in China and/or experience in China-related client work is desirable, but not prerequisite.
- Most importantly, the candidate will have a good understanding of cultural sensitivities in new markets, especially in China.
- Self-starting with a proactive attitude, and the ability to originate new ideas and deliver a ‘value proposal’ to senior stakeholders;
- High levels of ambition coupled with the ability to deliver and to work effectively in teams;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline 27th November, 2012