Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents (Europe, America, Asia, Africa and Australia) we currently second nearly 4,000 Technical Engineering Specialists to the largest multi-national Oil & Gas Companies and major EPC Contractors, through well established global supply agreements.
We are recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Olt-Bouy Structural Engineer
Job Code: ENERGY VC33559
- Bachelor degree in civil/structural engineering(MSC will be an advantage)
- Professional experience of 2-5 years minimum
- To follow and supervise the structural discipline studies to be carried out for the BUOY during the different phases of the project up to and beyond project sanction.
- To carry out additional studies aimed at weight optimisations.
- To be in charge of weight report monitoring for all disciplines.
- To monitor the engineering of the BUOY structure, stationary and moving parts.
- To ensure the compliance of the work with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices with the aim of reducing investments as much as possible without negatively influencing the required level of quality and safety in design.
- To ensure that engineering studies and construction works comply with company HSE and QA/QC requirements and general specifications.
- To ensure the compliance of the work with project specifications, procedure exceptions/deviations, punch lists.
Job Contents / Problem Solving
- To define, follow up and evaluate the structural discipline studies to be carried out.
- To propose alternatives for structural member sizes and support structure design.
- To monitor structural discipline studies during engineering (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
- To participate in the contractor’s weekly meetings.
- To ensure detailed progress reporting to project management.
- To verify and comment on the engineering documents submitted by the BUOY contractor and ensure that they comply with all technical requirements.
- To answer questions and queries, taking into account the contractual environment of the BUOY.
- To review questions and queries regarding exemption or modification requests.
- To anticipate problems in his field of activity and propose solutions or optimisations to the Naval Architect Leader.
- To participate in any technical or coordination meeting necessary to fulfil the job responsibility.
- To communicate with the BUOY contractor’s team to solve day-to-day problems.
- To liaise with other disciplines and packages to ensure consistency of the works.
- To liaise with the field operations team on matters related to his speciality.
- To contribute to the evaluation of engineering, procurement, construction, installation and review/approval of deliverables from the design contractor.Job Contents / Problem Solving
- To organise assistance from TOTAL corporate organisation or from external specialists as necessary.
- To actively participate in meetings with TOTAL E&P project personnel, co-venturers and client representatives.
- To actively participate and promote cost-saving solutions in the design of the BUOY, clearly identifying potential deviations from the TOTAL referential and reporting these to the Senior discipline engineer/Leader for final decision on whether or not to implement.
- To organise and participate in the HAZOP reviews.
- To report engineering progress regularly to the BUOY package manager, highlighting critical problems, drifts and malfunctions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 8th February, 2013
Preparing for NLNG Aptitude Test? Get the Past Quests and Answers