BW Offshore Singapore Pte Ltd is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: HSEQ Manager
We are seeking a candidate for the position of HSEQ Manager in Nigeria. The position will be central in supporting and monitoring a safe and efficient operation of the offshore units in Nigeria and upgrade projects associated with these units.
The HSEQ Manager will report to the in country Operations Manager for day to day activities and to the Singapore office on HSEQ performance.
- Ensure HSEQ issues are given primary consideration in all the activities undertaken, risk identification, management and mitigation being primary responsibilities.
- Serve advisory role for risk assessment and provide expertise to line management in hierarchy of control. Ensure consistency in the application of risk assessment. Chair safety workshops, Hazid's and SIMOP sessions.
- Review critical work packs, job packs and procedures as and when directed to ensure that HSEQ involvement is at the appropriate level and that hazards have been correctly addressed and mitigated.
- Promote HSEQ leadership within line management helping to create a greater awareness and personal responsibility towards safety.
- Act as focal point to ensure that vendors / subcontractors have the competency and certification requirements for the tasks they are expected to perform on the offshore units.
- Ensure all crew, vendors/contractors and internal/external workforce is well trained in the PTW system as per the level of their respective work requirements.
- While offshore undertake complete responsibility of ensuring PTW system is used effectively and the system is well audited and required controls in place.
- Act as a focal point in Nigeria and provide expert advice on occupational health and safety, industrial hygiene and environmental protection to the offshore units.
- To assist in HSEQ compliance to local, national and international codes and standards.
- Lead and implement the policies and procedures of the Company's Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Management system.
- Responsible for assisting in implementation and verification of safety case, performance standards and monitoring compliance on the units.
- Proactively monitor, review and audit all the aspects of the offshore units operations and projects and to ensure that the performance standards with respect to HSEQ are being met. Identify issues and recommend improvement plans as appropriate.
- Active role in reporting and investigation of Incidents. Responsible for implementation of actions based on findings. Act as a focal point for information in Synergi incident database and sharing lessons learned with the Operations and Project teams.
- Coordinate and/or monitor all safety meetings to ensure that meetings are effective and that current HSEQ information is both accurate and relevant.
- Create Project HSE Activity plan and ensure that steps as laid out in the plan are effectively implemented.
- Develop and implement safety excellence programme to enhance safety culture and behavioural safety.
- Liaise with the Company Security Officer in the review and implementation of Security protocols, evacuations plans and Emergency response plans in Nigeria.
- Provide periodic HSEQ reports and statistics to line management.
- The successful candidate will have experience from the Oil & Gas industry
- Maritime/offshore background or technical education on M.Sc level,
- In-depth knowledge of HSEQ management, with particular focus on offshore operations and projects.
- Minimum of 5-10 years within the Oil & Gas industry.
- Working experience onshore in Nigeria is desirable.
- Deliver high quality work on time.
- Fluency in English, both verbally and written.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with incident investigation, auditing and risk analysis.
- Excellent safety attitude.
- Ability to communicate, motivate and work well with different cultures and levels in the organization.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 30th January, 2013