Job Title: Research Supervisor Pathology
Duration: 2-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
Successful candidate will:
- Conduct laboratory, screen house and field experiments;
- Conduct sampling with guidance from Research Associate/Manager;
- Maintain a sterile work environment in preparation for and during laboratory work;
- Ensure proper organization of isolates in cold storage and work areas;
- Conduct other assignment as assigned by supervisors.
- Carry out microbiology work involving sample preparation, organism isolations, isolate storage, media preparation;
- Ensure proper sampling labeling, organization of work area;
- Keep proper records and ensure proper data entry into field and laboratory books;
- BSc/ HND Microbiology plus at least 5 years relevant working experience conducting microbiology task.
- Able to communicate fluently
- Able to work under pressure and willing to work longer hours where necessary
- Able to work effectively in teams and independently
- Able to follow instructions
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/ Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Note: Application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 29th January, 2013