Job Title: Program Administrator - Cassava Project
Duration: 2-year renewable contract
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assisting project scientists to effectively carry out project management functions
- Following up with IITA scientists and project partners to ensure reports are submitted in timely manner
- Following up with Lead Institutions and partners in the project to ensure smooth flow of project activities
- Assisting in compiling donor reports
- Assuming responsibility for other program functions such as hosting of visitors, responding to inquiries, planning meetings, drafting letters/reports, scheduling appointments and coordinating travel arrangements
- Liaising with other IITA units on issues relating to project grants management and ensuring compliance by program staff
- Assist with project proposal preparation including interactions with other relevant IITA units
- Any other duties related to project management and program development as may be determined by the supervisor
- Developing and maintaining an efficient filing system and databases for print and electronic files/documents on Cassava and CRP-RTB activities and projects.
- Developing project portfolios with clear project operational guidelines.
- Monitoring closely project execution and providing feedback to the cassava leader/CRP leader on the status of projects advising on action to be taken with regard to project extensions, budget reallocations and any other action
- Providing quarterly graphic representation of project expenditures against approved budgets in order to provide Cassava Leader/CRP leader with a clear status of project resources
- Tracking and monitoring of project expenditures and preparation of monthly project reports to the Cassava Leader/CRP-RTB leader to ensure expenditures are a reflection of approved project budget line items
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Project Management and other related fields.
- Minimum of Six (6) years’ experience in Project Management/Administration.
- Excellent English reporting, writing and oral communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Strong ability to co-ordinate, prioritise and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Experience working in agriculture research organization and good knowledge of French language will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/ Superior officer at work. Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to IITA website.
Note: Application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 29th January, 2013
Someone might need this, why not Share it.