Job Title: Restaurant Manager
- This person will be responsible for ensuring that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining their reputation and ethos.
- This person will combine strategic planning, shift pattern organization and day-to-day management activities. Depending on the nature of the outlet, the role may have creative aspects, particularly in marketing and business development.
- This person must coordinate a variety of activities, whatever the size or type of the outlet. He is responsible for the business performance of the restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
Typical Work Activities
Work duties include: Business activities:
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Planning and coordinating menus.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Candidate must have a relevant degree from any accredited tertiary institution
- Candidate must have about 2 years cognate working experience
- Candidate must be very smart and innovative
- Only Abuja based candidates should apply
- Candidates with a degree in Hospitality ant tourism management stand a better chance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs via email to:
Application Deadline 31st January, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!