Sahara Group is recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Operating Company: NG Power Limited
Location: Rivers State
Responsible for the maintenance of all Mechanical equipments on site for NG Power projects and ensures they are delivered in a professional, quality and timely manner, including the training and development of all engineers assigned to the sites.
- Development and Monitoring of Mechanical Spares lists and ensure that all spares are supplied in a timely manner.
- Project engineering role when required as delegated by line manager.
- Be a member of the management team at the power plants, contributing positively to the working relationships, work environment and the smooth/efficient running of the power plants.
- Provide technical management and supervision to subordinates and junior staff members.
- Preparation of specifications, processes and work orders.
- Enhanced maintenance of the plant in order to improve on plant availability.
- Training of personnel in order to improve the operations and maintenance of the power plants through hands on demonstration and knowledge transfer.
- Institutionalization of safety management and culture on the sites to prevent where possible injuries or damage to plant or minimize these as appropriate (Health and Safety legislation and policies compliance).
- Must be a COREN (Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria) registered member
- Good manager of time and human capital.
- Good presentation skills and communication to both private and public sector audiences.
- Advance gas turbine operations and maintenance skills.
- Computing skills: Proficient in words, excel and auto card etc.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Hardworking and prudent.
- Humble, approachable and friendly.
- Stable and calm, can work effectively under pressure.
- Good Leadership Skills
- Project Team
- Senior Management Team
- Other Sahara Group Companies and Corporate Functions
- B.Sc (Mechanical Engineering)
- A minimum of 4 years operational experience on power plants or generator
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here apply online
Note: When the Sahara page opens, select Processed user at the User Type drop down and click Find
Application Deadline 30th January, 2013
Preparing for NLNG Aptitude Test? Get the Past Quests and Answers