Our current line of products consist of high-quality and affordable solar chargers for mobile phones, with a focus on the West African market. www.svtp.com
Job Title: Sales Associate
- You will be tasked with selling our products, with the focus being on importers, wholesalers, distributors, and vendors who can make large orders.
- Some of your time will also be spent stimulating demand by pitching the product to retailers.
- At times you may also be asked to assist with market research, gathering consumer feedback, and product testing.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Successful completion of O-Level (at least 5 subjects in not more than two sittings) or A-Level (at least 3 subjects in not more than two sittings)
- Great oral presentation skills in both English and Hausa, especially in terms of pitching a new product to a potential client
- Great computer and internet skills
- Honest, hardworking, persevering spirit
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent command of written and spoken Hausa
A strong applicant will possess:
- HND/OND/Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of sales experience
- Familiarity with electronic products, especially different models of phones and, ideally, solar chargers
- A drive to keep pushing yourself when times are difficult and sales are low, and to have the confidence to be able to sell hundreds of units every day
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigerian renewable energy sector, particularly solar
- Already-established contacts with mobile phone/accessory importers, wholesalers, distributors and other vendors in above sales territory
This position is based in Kano, with occasional travel to Sokoto, Katsina, and other areas, both urban and rural, in the North/Northwest of Nigeria. Your total sales territory will be Kano, Katsina, Zamfara, Sokoto, and Niger states. Interviews will take place in Kano, most likely sometime during the week of 11-15 February.
N30,000 base salary per month, plus 10% commission on all sales you are responsible for in your territory. A strong sales associate, for example, can be expected to gain between N15,000-N35,000 per month or even more in commission. All incidental costs, including housing, transport, and food, are included in the above.
Interested Candidates should send their CV, references, and any other supporting documentation to:
Only select shortlisted candidates will be contacted to interview.
Application Deadline 8th February 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!