Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, Pmtct Officer
Job No. 2013-010
Ref: DOD - 011
Position Grade: FSN-12
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Salary: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N5,600,572 p.a.(Starting basic salary) In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan. NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$76,219, EFM/MOH – US$65,413 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Location: Abuja – Walter Reed (DOD/HIV) Program
- The incumbent, under the supervision of the Senior Project Specialist, Clinical Care Manager for the DODHPN, will be responsible for providing project support to the Nigeria Ministry of Defense (NMOD) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program; contributing to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at preventing mother to child transmission of HIV.
- The incumbent will also play a major role in the training of counselors, medical staff, midwives and social workers with respect to modified obstetric practices to HIV positive mothers, and Anti-Retroviral prophylaxes to prevent HIV transmission from mother to infant.
All applicants Must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Post graduate degree or higher in Public Health, Medicine, Nursing or a related field is required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years work experience in care and support for PLWHA activities, including program planning, implementation, and evaluation is required.
- Must have skills in providing leadership, and technical expertise in the management and evaluation of public health programs. This includes the ability to resolve independently problems related to supervision of personnel, program policy and program operations.
- Must have basic computer skills with experience/training in Word processing, Power Point and Spreadsheets.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Incumbent should posses knowledge and experience in HIV counseling and testing, especially in antenatal settings; experience in implementing Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission (PMTCT).
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position Must submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Application Deadline 18th February, 2013