infrastructure, real estate and services. Due to internal vacancies they have decided to hire a Head Financial Management for their Real Estate Business.
Job Title: Head Financial Management
In respect of the ideal candidate profile:
- First degree in economics, accounting or other numerate discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA).
- Minimum of eight (8) years finance experience with at least two (2) years at managerial level.
- Must have strong real estate exposure as well as prior audit experience
Oversee the management, analysis and reporting of financial assets in line with the requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), generally accepted accounting practices and company accounting practices.
Design, implement and periodically refine a pragmatic system of controls to drive sustained compliance with laid down polices and mitigate the business financial and operational risks
- Actively participate in the articulation of the businesses operational and tactical plan
- Define annual work programs and plans in line with the businesses overall plans and take ownership for communicating same to team members
- Develop the unit’s policy and procedure document and ensure proper implementation following the receipt of appropriate approvals
- Develop and implement relevant frameworks for project accounting ensuring real-time assessment and reporting of project financial performance against set targets
- Work with the Head Group Treasury to periodically assess the Company’s financing structure in line with its funding needs and industry realities and propose refinements/amendments to the Company’s leadership as appropriate
- Develop and implement appropriate frameworks for periodic review and analysis of project accounts
- Liaise with the Group Reporting and Risk Management department to design and implement appropriate controls and risk management framework as well a relevant supporting policies and procedures for the businesses
- Develop and implement an effective cost management and monitoring framework to ensure business costs are kept within acceptable thresholds
- Working with relevant Group departments, design appropriate management reporting frameworks and dashboard to enable easy monitoring of Company performance and enable seamless management decision making
- Develop, maintain and periodically analyse (budget Vs actual) the business budgets
- Conduct periodic analysis of business operations (including industry benchmarks), cost, revenue, financial commitments and obligations against plan and advice the business’s leadership as necessary
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of the business financial statements in line with appropriate reporting standards and organisational accounting policies
- Oversee the preparation of periodic (monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual) financial statements (Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows e.t.c.).
- Forecast and periodically review the business cash flow requirements and liaise with Group Treasury to ensure the business needs are met in a cost effective manner
- Ensure relevant inputs to enable the assessment of the businesses financial performance are made available in a timely manner
- Ensure the business complies with applicable taxes and regulations impacting business operation
- Foster and maintain on-going relationships with the business bankers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and direction to subordinates.
- Agree subordinate performance target and periodically monitor and assess performance against target
- Prepare periodic reports and perform other duties as required/requested by the Executive Director
- Periodically review all postings, ensuring compliance with Group accounting policies and procedures, as well as statutory provisions.
- Oversee the reconciliation of the various general ledger accounts, ensuring in-depth investigation of errors and their prompt resolution.
- Approve entries to be posted for the purpose of correcting errors and irregularities in the general ledger and other accounts.
Key Performance Indicators
- Strong understanding of IFRS implications and applications in the real estate and hospitality sector
- Hands-on appreciation of financial planning/budgeting, financial modelling and cash flow liquidity management
- Excellent proficiency in the use of office productivity tools particularly MS Excel
- Mature individual, able to relate effectively across board while maintaining professional detachment and assertiveness
- The individual must be able to learn quickly and navigate learning curves effectively
- Person must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Good appreciation of accounting processes and controls
- Very strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Good organisational and personal effectiveness skills
- Good supervisory, coaching and mentoring skill
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to:
Application Deadline 5th February, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!