Job Title: LE III Operations Room Security Officers (X4)
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following duties, including supervision of the contracted guard force:
1.) Transport and Staff Movements
- Monitor, control and log all transport movements and act as the point of contact for staff and drivers when travelling on official duty outside of Abuja.
- To provide security briefings to all drivers, staff and escorts before departure.
- Administer sections of the transport fleet including tasking and maintenance schedules.
- Maintain a narrative for all travel outside of Nigeria reporting compliance failures to Line Management.
- To quality assure the contracted guard services at office and residential compounds by conducting daily visits. Ensure that the guarding company are keeping high standards and monitor Key Performance Indicators.
- Monitor media and press reporting for security/crime incidents within Nigeria, maintaining a State by State Log.
- Distribute daily criminal/security incident updates. Disseminate security messages to staff.
- To monitor the internal radio network conducting checks with locations and staff on nominated dates.
- To be responsible for reporting identified faults on the radio network.
- The High Commission is looking for candidates with previous security, police or military experience, who have a proven ability to work effectively without the need for constant supervision, maintaining flexibility and initiative in performance.
- Previous experience of working in an operational security environment is important too, particularly in the use of radio communications and correct radio procedures.
- Candidates must have good keyboard skills, and familiarity with computers and software packages (notably MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Candidates must be in possession of a current driving license and be able to drive a manual vehicle.
- The successful candidate must possess an excellent command of English oral and written communication, excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and manage their time effectively. Strong interpersonal and networking skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people is necessary.
- The positions advertised will be conducted on a shift basis and applicants will be expected to work some nights and weekends.
The job will be graded LEIII with a starting monthly gross salary of N 287,490.00 including allowances. Successful candidates who are not liable to pay Nigerian tax will be subject to a 10 % notional tax deduction on the basic salary. The salary will be paid Naira.
Application Deadline 8th March, 2013
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send applications with full curriculum vitae and a typed written covering letter statement in support of the application.
Human Resources Assistant
British High Commission Abuja
19 Torrens Close
Or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
- Telephone applications and enquiries will not be accepted.
- Only applicants called for interview will be contacted, and it is likely that interviews will be conducted during the week commencing 18th March 2013.
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!