where we have offices and in .Jigawa, Gombe, Yobe, Bauchi and Kaduna where we work with and through partners.
Save the Children is about to launch an exciting new project in two states in Northern Nigeria. The project aims to provide up to 60,000 vulnerable families with regular cash transfers to reduce poverty and improve their ability to buy nutritious food.
In order to contribute to this and strengthen the impact of our programme on children, we are looking for committed, effective and efficient candidates to fill five positions in our Child Development Programme (CDGP).
Job Title: Compliance and Awards Coordinator - Abuja
To ensure the maintenance and administration of a robust and an effective grants management system that is compliant to Save the Children grants systems and guidelines and meetdonor requirements.
In order to be successful within this position, you will ideally have:
- A Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance with a recognised professional certificate in accounting - Part II ACA, ACMA, ACCA
- An understanding of development work in order to communicate effectively with donors and programme staff on funding sources and programme issues
- Experience of developing guidelines and formats to support staff in donor applications and reporting with particular reference to DFID grants
- Experience of Save the Children UK financial accounting packages, policies, systems and procedures.
- International experience preferably gained within an I NGO in a relief/emergency setting
- Experience or knowledge of working in the region or country programmes
- Proven experience in grants auditing especially of DFID grant audits
- Knowledge of major donor funding sources and grant application processes
- Ability to recognise and interpret funding trends and make recommendations on implications for funding
- Experience of managing or supporting programmes in each stage of the project cycle, including development of funding proposals, budgeting, technical and financial monitoring in the context of grants/restricted funding sources.
- Thorough understanding of interdepartmental relationships, dynamics and functioning in an overseas programme setting
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children
- Ability to translate complex, technical and financial issues into a language understandable by non-finance staff
- Substantial management experience of which at least 3 for the non-profit sector
- Experience of managing institutional donor contracts such as DFID, EC, ECHO, USAID
- Proven experience in strategic financial management and producing appropriate management information to support strategy development and decision-making by management
- Proven training experience to all levels of staff, both informal (on the job coaching) and formal (structured training courses).
- Proven analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into appropriate, feasible and practical implementation plans and goals.
- Willingness to travel to field offices and work in difficult environment from time to time
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings
Method of Application
Interested candidates should kindly send C.V. and covering letter explaining why you are suitable to:
Nigeria.Recruitment@savethechildren.org; State position clearly in the subject field as applications. Without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 14th February 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!