To support maximization of our existing assets and the pursuit of our business expansion agenda, we seek talented, enthusiastic, innovative and multi-tasking individuals to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Senior Geologist
Reports To: Manager, Geosciences
- The ideal person is required to have considerable experience with basin evaluation and geological modeling.
- Gather, analyze and interpret varied geological data to formulate exploration and development projects.
- Apply knowledgeable structural, stratigraphic, reservoir, and basin analysis techniques to advance geological projects.
- Identify and apply geological relationships critical to the effective integration of geophysical information. Work with team geophysicist to tie well data to seismic data for a fully integrated interpretation.
- Work in a multi-discipline team context of geoscientists, engineers, and regulatory staff to add and evaluate prospect inventory in active drilling areas.
- Work closely with operations engineering staff; transfer knowledge of reservoir and petrophysical parameters to enhance completions and well results.
- Evaluate technical data, conduct risk analysis, and make recommendations on asset acquisitions and joint venture opportunities. Apply risk analysis and economic viability parameters to all work efforts.
- Provide input to develop economic evaluations and reservoir models;
- Provide creativity and technical leadership to the team. Develop support staff and mentor emerging professionals.
- Recommend new drilling locations to evaluate and de-risk new plays. Make recommendations to acquire new core areas and developing new play ideas.
- Assist in operational drilling responsibilities, location selection, casing point elections and post-appraisal analyses.
- Generate quality geologic work to support exploration efforts and reservoir studies in producing assets and assets acquisition efforts.
- Conduct regional exploration analyses as appropriate to add new projects to the portfolio and extend the boundaries of existing core areas.
- Provide geological guidance for all vertical and horizontal drilling operations with emphasis on reservoir evaluation.
- Minimum of a 2nd Class Honours University degree in Geology.
- An M.Sc in any of the Geosciences would be an advantage. Approximately 7 to 10 years relevant work experience.
- Good team spirit.
- Innovative with good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills.
- Conversant with the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Good organizational and numerical skills. Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs (Microsof tWord Format) as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Using Senior Geologist - SA011 as the subject of your email.
Application Deadline 7th February, 2013