These tailored solutions include everything from the initial client briefing to the final candidate, or project group, offer.
We are recuiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Rig Operations Superintendent
Reference Code: 74654
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Description of the Work:
- Responsible for ensuring the technical excellence and integrity of all drilling rigs and their associated equipment contracted to company.
- Conducting pre and post rig inspections as necessary to ascertain status of rig and compliance with industry standards as well as statutory and contractual requirement at all times.
- Ensure rig is fully resourced with sufficiently experienced and certified personnel as per contract.
- Ensure development and implementation of and compliance with Preventative
- Maintenance Systems, and availability of spares to prevent avoidable downtime.
- Conduct SQM of rig operations in conjuntion with Drilling Superintendent.
- Ensure adequate Rig Process Safety in operations.
- Assist the company's Drilling Supervisor and Drilling Superintendent in ensuring that the rig contractor operates the rig to industry HSE and operating standards at all times.
- Work with the rig contractor to minimise rig equipment NPT and maximise equipment uptime and availability at all times.
- Provide expert advise during special or complex maintenance, trouble-shooting and repair activities involving rig equipment.
- Lagos based, 28 / 28 rotation.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 in an onshore
- managerial position involving line accountability for rig integrity management.
- Extensive experience involving semi's, onshore and jack-up operations is required.
- Previous Nigerian / West African experience is advantageous.
- Technical / engineering qualification required.
- Strong HSE leadership.
- Drive for continuous performance improvement.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, capable of influencing
- effectively in a multi-cultural society.
- Able to work under sustained high workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, word processors and presentation software.
- Project management skills
- Excellent knowledge of rig operations, and international industry standards governing these operations.
- Rig contracts and rig contractor management.
- Mentoring and coaching capabilities.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of modern rig asset management techniques and systems. Extensive experience with the development, implementation and management of fit-for-purpose Preventative Maintenance Management and Monitoring Systems:
Competitive day rate, paid overseas
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 17th February, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!