We are recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Reference Code: PFL/SPE/290113/002
Location: Port-Harcourt, Nigeria
- To provide Process Engineering expertise in support of project development and detailed design. Typically this role stretches through all phases of project development post VAR 3, from project detailed design through to commissioning and hand-over to the Asset holder.
- To conduct the application of software tools and models to simulate multiphase/hydraulic flow for steady state modes and plant & pipeline de-pressurization and be aware of dynamic simulation models for dynamic modes and transient processes.
- Manage delegated authorities of any contracts as per the Client's Contract Management Guideline with special emphasis on the HSE issues of the contractor.
- Identify, evaluate and propose innovative, cost saving technology and novel business solutions, in order to reduce the average UTC of Client's hydrocarbon development projects and to maximise their economic benefits to the JV.
- Maintain frequent contact with other process engineers in Client Locations, in order to keep abreast of new developments and technologies, disseminate best practices, ensure synergy of production facilities, work practices and quality control systems.
- To develop project specifications and requirements for the Operations phase, taking into account discipline interfaces and the contributions of other disciplines.
- To provide process engineering input into detailed design of new facilities and pipelines, aiming to minimise asset lifecycle cost and to maximise facility availability and operability.
- To optimise process design, maximising the product yield and economic performance of facilities whilst achieving HSE objectives based on the ALARP concept.
- To review facility design to verify it meets the requirements for safeguarding systems taking all elements of H, S and E into consideration. To identify deficiencies and propose solutions.
- To develop process control and safeguarding philosophies and hazardous area classification, and evaluate process hazards by providing input into HAZOPs, HAZIDs, QRA, IPF and similar reviews. Ensure that all these evaluations are documented.
- To provide support as required in the application of de-bottlenecking techniques to optimise plant performance of brown field developments, and in the execution of reviews of existing facilities to maximise throughput of hydrocarbons and propose modifications required to meet production targets and comply with the Flares Down Policy.
- To contribute to turning The Client's hydrocarbon reserves to value in the shortest possible time frame, by delivering leading edge, cost effective, high quality surface facility plans in support of Field Review (FRs), Field Development Plans (FDPs) and Special Studies compiled in conjunction with Petroleum Engineering.
- Ensure a minimum of 10% of time is spent on the mentoring and coaching of subordinates and Trainees that the guidelines of the Field Engineer Monitored Professional Development Scheme each team member are strictly adhered to.
- To contribute to the creation, implementation and control of a motivated pool of engineers in the DMG organisation, that can compete with contractors and indeed, with similar resources in other parts of the Client's work scope.
- To achieve an average green-field Unit Technical Cost reduction of 5% in the planning period of one year.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 11th February, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!