we are seeking for highly qualified professionals, pro-active, well organized and motivated persons to fill various positions.
Job Title: Radiation Safety officer
Ref Code: RSO
Location: Port Harcourt/Remote Site Locations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assessment of Radiation protection system
- Periodic inspection as well as assessment of company facilities and of radiological activities
- Ensure records of the radiation safety program are maintained as required by applicable regulation.
- Ensure that individual monitoring devices are used properly, that records are maintained of results, and that notifications are made in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Ensure proper storing, labeling, transport, use and disposal of sources of radiation and radioactive material, storage, and/or transport containers.
- Periodic revision and updating of company radioprotection procedures as well as issuing of new ones based on company activities
- Promote radioprotection training and awareness to employees at all levels
- Gathering of the necessary records to comply with permits and licensing issues.
- Serve as a primary contact with the Nuclear Regulatory Agency on matters of radiation safety.
Skills, Competence and Experience
Have a thorough knowledge of management policies and administrative procedures of the licensee.
RSO must also have a thorough knowledge of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s radiation protection rules.
Occasionally the job may require travel to locations for seminars, symposiums, and other tasks related to the Company.
Qualification and Experience:
- Must be a graduate Engineering of discipline or Nuclear Physics with at least 4 years experience as a Radiation safety officer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Must be accredited by the NNRA body as an NDT specialist.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian and international Laws/regulations on Radiation protection.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Applications using the reference code as the subject of the email to: QSE.firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 6th March, 2013