States including Katsina, Kebbi, Zamfara where we have offices and in .Jigawa, Gombe, Yobe, Bauchi and Kaduna where we work with and through partners.
Save the Children is about to launch an exciting new project in two states in Northern Nigeria. The project aims to provide up to 60,000 vulnerable families with regular cash transfers to reduce poverty and improve their ability to buy nutritious food.
In order to contribute to this and strengthen the impact of our programme on children, we are looking for committed, effective and efficient candidates to fill five positions in our Child Development Programme (CDGP).
Job Title: National Programme Manager - Abuja
The National Programme Manager will strategically lead and manage the Child Development Grant Programme in Northern Nigeria and s/he will be accountable for the achievement of programme deliverables and delivery of the joint log-frame within the consortium of Save the Children and Action Against Hunger.
In order to be successful within this position, you will ideally have:
- Bachelors degree in a related field
- Post-graduate qualification in Public Health, or Nutrition or Food Security related relevant discipline
- Prior experience of designing and/or delivering large scale (in excess of 10m) programmes
- Proven ability to manage large consortium with a minimum of 4 years experience managing multi-regional or multi-country programmes
- Demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding programme targets, while maintaining technical quality.
- Ability to represent the programme at a strategic level and engage and influence key stakeholders
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s alms, values and principles
- Substantial experience of working and living in Africa, ideally with professional experience in Nigeria
- Demonstrable understanding of Value for Money and DFID results agenda.
- Ability to coach and mentor multi-sectoral partners
- Ability to speak Hausa
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or regional level government structures.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills in English, with substantial experience in managing multicultural teams
Interested candidates should kindly send C.V. and covering letter explaining why you are suitable to:
Nigeria.Recruitment@savethechildren.org; State position clearly in the subject field as applications. Without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 14th February 2013