Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job Title: Area Head of Talent, West Africa Area
Job Number: 848BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
Drive the Area Talent Strategy to ensure a self-sustaining leadership pipeline in the area based on current and future talent requirements based on global, regional and other Company specific strategies, developments and best practices. As a member of the Regional Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa (EEMEA) Talent Forum, contribute to the development of the Regional Talent Strategy.
- Develop and maintain appropriate talent and leadership development strategy that addresses the unique needs of the business agenda, ensuring alignment with regional and global guidelines and parameters.
- Initiate, prepare and participate in Area Talent Review Meeting (TRM) meetings to ensure that Talent Strategy/Focus areas and Top Team Successors are approved.
- Ensure that appropriate key controls are in place through which talent strategy implementation and performance can be measured.
- Deliver on agreed Area and above market, Area/Regional projects to ensure on time and in full delivery of benefits as per Project Documents
- Govern and raise the bar with regards to recruitment and selection policies, tools and assessment methodologies and ensure consistent application across WAA whilst developing capability within HR & the line.
- Establish relationship with key stakeholders inside and outside the region to ensure the talent agenda is driven as a business priority.
- Establish and maintain effective and productive relationships, especially with external colleagues in the HR discipline and FMCG sector.
- Leverage the Global employer brand (internally and externally) to position BAT and EEMEA as an employer of choice
- Manage the functional budget in the most effective manner delivering on all key results areas
- Manage resourcing plans, talent focus areas, external recruitment trackers and talent dashboard to ensure delivery against strategic talent areas
- Develop and manage leadership interventions to equip leaders for current and future leadership positions.
- Manage the Area Management Trainee programme and Growth Academy in the above market world to ensure the availability of sufficient world-class future wave talent for EEMEA.
- Obtain reliable talent intelligence by identifying and developing talent service providers and benchmark organizations at local, area and regional level((internal and external) that will provide reliable and valid talent information to identify key areas of opportunity to enhance talent pool.
- Forecast the talent requirements of the area based on business strategy and develop a talent sourcing strategy that will meet current and future requirements. Develop and maintain retention strategies based on market trends and exit interviews to minimise the impact of regrettable losses on the business.
- Develop strategies that will drive a high performance culture across the region through effective performance management education.
- Participate in the delivery of the Area Strategic Leadership Agenda(SLA) by active involvement in the execution of the people component and driving business influence.
The position requires a HR professional with a university degree and at least 8 years of relevant work experience. The incumbent needs to be able to think strategically and be able to find solutions to address the unique needs in the Area.
The following skills are essential:
- Analytical ability
- Influencing and interpersonal skill
- Cross international border exposure will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak French is desirable
- High level process facilitation skills will also be important in the role
- Presentation skills (external and Top Teams)
- Creative thinking and problem solving
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 13-March-2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!