Job Title: Equity Research Assistant Trainee
Note: Experienced (relevant) may also apply as Research Associates/Analysts
The ideal candidate should have committed themselves to a career in investment research and be very comfortable scrutinizing numbers. This is an excellent opportunity to LEARN and GROW for a bright recent graduate with either financial internship during college or professional examinations enrolled with certain stages already passed.
- Collect data, summarize notes
- Assist with reporting in Excel
- Conduct research on the internet
- Physically go out to collect annual reports for companies under coverage.
- Handle requests from Analysts
- Call companies under coverage to get information; compile information
- Special projects as necessary
- Provide support by performing market analysis
- Monitor company/sector news and events and perform other related duties as assigned
- Update the company’s website daily with the required information.
- Increase our client base through reaching out to new clients and explaining our research products and why they need to patronize us. This shows you believe in what you are doing and its relevance.
- Minimum of a 4 year degree (2'2 or better) in Economics, Finance, or Accountancy ONLY
- Minimum of 2 years commitment (Employment Bond)
- 1-3 years RELEVANT work experience (NYSC inclusive).
- Comfortable communicating with other people in person and over the phone and confident to face challenges and work under pressure.
- Experience using the internet to search for varied information successfully
- Strong writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Very strong computer skills, especially on Excel
- Desire for a career in investment research and not just curious about a new job
- Comfortable reaching out to potential clients to increase patronage of our research products
- Comfortable thinking outside the box and taking initiative
- Maximum age of 25 by Dec 31, 2013.
- Must pass our quantitative and verbal aptitude test (No exceptions)
- Some knowledge of finance and the stock market is REQUIRED
Interested and qualified candidates should send CVs and Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 26th March, 2013