We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture wishes to employ a highly qualified Driver who will be based at Ibadan, Nigeria. This position is funded by the Multinational-CGIAR Project on Support to Agricultural Research for development of Strategic Crops in Africa (SARD-SC), with support from the Africa Development Bank.
Job Title: Driver II
Duration: 2 Years Renewable
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- First School Leaving Certificate, WASC, SSCE or GCE, a valid drivers’ license plus a minimum of five (5) years professional driving experience.
- Previous driving experience with an international organization in Nigeria would be an advantage.
- Successful candidate must be familiar with Nigerian routes and also be prepared to work extra hours and during weekends (where necessary).
- Demonstrate ability to speak more than one Nigerian language.
- Must be able to read and write in English, knowledge of French would be an asset.
- Drive vehicles within and outside Nigeria to convey, IRS, other staff, collaborators and visitors.
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Ensure due completion of feedback form for each trip completed and return same to Transport Pool Services.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Carry out vehicle cleaning and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories)
- Liaise with Workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure courteous and prompt attention to passengers’ needs while being conveyed.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and passengers property
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Liaise with Insurance Officer to ensure that vehicle documents (local and international) are valid and up to date.
- This is a General Support Staff (GSS) position.
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment.
- The initial appointment is for two years with the possibility for renewal.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers or send a hard copy of their CV to the Recruitment Office International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Ibadan.
Application Deadline 4th April, 2013
Someone might need this, why not Share it.