JOB TITLE: General Manager, Logistics - LOG 01/13
Minimum of a first degree in a relevant field from a reputable university, additional academic qualification and professional certification in the field of logistics would be an added advantage.
Minimum of 12 years' work experience in a Logistics Function with at least 5 years in a similar role in an FMCG company.
Develop and implement strategies to effectively manage different aspects of the logistics function including sourcing, warehousing, procurement and distribution whilst assuring supply, Quality services, and cost effectiveness.
Lead the creation and effective execution of annual savings plan to reduce logistics cost year-over-year and report monthly progress.
Develop a transportation framework. to support efficient distribution of products to desired locations pan Nigeria.
Lead the development of a procurement strategy that drives initiatives to deliver total business value.
Facilitate and nurture business relationships with key suppliers and govemment agencies in line with ethics of corporate govemance.
Ensure that the business operations as regards logistics are in compliance with all legislative requirements and laws of the land.
Work closely with other function heads to manage, plan and optimize logistics operations and inventory management in order to support production planning.
Constantly review and enhance operations processes to meet logistics standards and to drive business process improvement.
Develop, implement and monitor intemal controls for the logistics function.
Guide and promote development of knowledge and relevant skills within the logistics function.
JOB TITLE: Buyer - BR 02/13
Bachelors Degree in any Social Sciences or in any related field.
Minimum of 6 years work experience in a Logistics function with at least 3 years in a similar role in an FMCG company.
1. Responsible for analyzing departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
2. Identifies requesting departments needs, develops and refines specifications for commodities. supplies or equipment
3. Identifies and selects vendor to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery date.
4. Interviews sales representatives to develop new sources of supplies, securing favorable terms for the business; updates records and files and secures samples, descriptions, photos or information for requesting departments
5. Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures to departments; assist departments in initiating requisitions and orders, and solves problems with orders.
6. Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor.
7. Writes and distributes bid invitations or requests for proposals; receives and analyzes bids, quotes and proposals.
JOB TITLE: Security Supervisor
Minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or Bsc. in any of the social sciences or Subject requiring data collation and reporting skills.
Minimum of 5 years security experience in any multinational company or in a large agency handling multinational FMCG company.
Membership of a relevant professional body such as ASIS could be an added advantage.
1. Maintaining requisite, up-to-date and comprehensive documents on all security policies, procedures and protocols.
2. Day to day on site supervision of third party security operatives
3. Monitoring and implementation of security procedures at all beats
4. Ensure strict enforcement of the access control policies and processes
5. Ensuring all security I movement registers are duly completed and are up to date
6. Keeping log of all incidences and investigations for record purposes and follow up.
7. Environmental scan of security reports, publications, and dissemination of relevant information periodically and when the need arises.
8. Spot checks of security procedures and processes for effectiveness
9. Liaison with security outfits as directed by line manager
10. Maintenance and execution of contingency/continuity plans as directed by line manager
11. Assist in investigations.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV/Resume using the Job Title and reference as subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org.