On any given day, two billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life.
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names such as Blue Band, Pureit and Suave.
Unilever Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Job Number: 130006Y1
Shift: Day Job
Dept: Human Resources
Locations: Nigeria-Lagos State-Lagos-Oregun - Head Office
- Delivers HR support to the business and ensuring HR delivery is in fully aligned to business goals in their area of business
- Brings HR insight (including Employee and Industrial Relations) to bear on all people related issues (people, capabilities, organisation, leadership and culture)
- Ensures and facilitates HR service delivery to the business
- Interfaces with many roles, for example SPM (Service Management Provider), Support Areas (for e.g., Finance, Legal, Corporate affairs, etc), HRBPs, Expertise Teams, HR Clients, Unions, etc. This will vary depending on the role.
- Supports managers and teams in business delivery through enhancing their capability to deliver Strategy Into Action (SIA) components, manage their people, implement change and build relations with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Utilises the talent development process and tools delivered by the Expertise Teams in order to provide and develop the diverse talent pipeline for both the short and medium term needs of the company
- Collaborates with the business for the creation a high performance culture by implementing team and organisation design solutions, providing measurable performance indicators and improvement plans.
- Responsible for activation of the local Human Resources plan activation (including the talent component)
- Provides input into the Talent strategy for the business through developing insight and analysis of people related business issues and opportunities (by activating global solutions, e.g. Talent Management tools/ processes and diversity metrics, etc)
- Implements, and coordinates change initiatives to support enhanced organisational effectiveness within the business
- Tracks delivery against the case for change using analytical and data-driven approaches to business and organisational issue analysis
- Interfaces with HR service provider for delivery of core HR services to the business monitors Quality and timeliness of service provision
- Escalates HR service provision issues through Service Provider Management (SPM) organisation.
- Encourages groups and individuals to work collaboratively by focusing on the common purpose of the team. Utilises insights from the team’s talents (e.g., strength finder, MBTI – Meyers Briggs, etc) to deliver the SIA (Strategy into Action)
- Has financial and budgetary responsibility for HR in his/her geography/function. This will vary depending on the role.
- Interacts with HR and business colleagues within and outside the business to ensure alignment of HR activity in the spirit of One Unilever
- Works with HR colleagues from Expertise Teams to deliver HR interventions within the business
- Collects Human Resources/ Organisation Effectiveness metrics and measurement for the business across entire HR lifecycle
- Monitors and addresses legal compliance issues to by ensure that the organisation complies with local and national laws (for e.g. recruitment, diversity, data protection, employee contracts)
- Is responsible for delivering Employee & Industrial Relations (ER/ IR) to the business (knowledge of legislative and consequent impact on the organisation, relationships with works council/ unions, government/regulatory bodies, community, etc
- Building Talent Supply
- HR Change Facilitation
- Organisational Effectiveness
- Performance Improvement
- Change Management
- University graduate
- Relevant experience in HR systems and processes.
- Thorough understanding of management trade unions, key legal, compliance, safety and other regulatory issues involved in key HR processes – knows key issues to look out for and when to get expertise teams involved
- Ideally has had experience of HR service centre environment and/or expertise teams as well as hands-on HR management
- Good knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle
- Relevant experience in ER/IR systems and process in a complex environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 29th March, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!