The organization acts before, during and after disasters and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and to improve the lives of vulnerable people. Our work is guided by seven Fundamental Principles(humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service unity and by Strategy 2020
Position Title: Finance and Administration Assistant
Position Description: Finance & Administration
Duration of assignment: 8 months
Purpose of the position Under the Supervision of the Finance & Administration Delegate, The Finance Assistant provides financial and administration support to the office of the IFRC in Nigeria and assists the Finance and Administration Delegates in the delivery of finance and administrative services in support of the country’s operational programmes.
Specific Duties Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Daily petty cash and bank management
2. Accurate processing petty cash and bank Transactions to CODA
3. Accurate processing of employee and national society working advance justifications into CODA
4. Staff working advance accounts confirmation and reconciliation of balances with staff and follow up with staff member and NS on dormant accounts
5. Reconciliation of petty cash, bank accounts, NS and employees working advance.
6. Filing documents at every month end. Coda Printed Documents is attached to the individual documentation; files are then labeled and filled in filing cabinet
7. Administrate per diems, visas and travel arrangements for delegates and visitors
8. Maintain accurate registers of the assets and property of the delegation.
9. Any other duties assignment by the management of the office in Abuja.
- In good mental & physical health
- Experience of working for the Red Cross/Red Crescent or a humanitarian organization Experience in administration Competent in financial control and reporting at all levels
- Experience of working as a team member
- Certificate in Commercial Accounting
- National Diploma in Banking
- 2nd Level Boom Financial Management
- Excellent knowledge in computer applications (Window XP, MS word)
- MS excel, MS access and
- Mspower point, interpersonal skills
- a high degree of competence in teamwork; Commitment to the international Red Cross & red Crescent Movement; integrity & personal conduct; sensitivity to diversity; flexibility adaptability; Initiative and direction.
Interested candidates can address their CV and motivation letter to:
Attn: Finance and Administration Delegate
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent, Nigeria Country Representation
No. 7, Lingu Crescent, Off Aminu Crescent, Wuse II Abuja
The recruitment process wills candidates to undergo competency examinations and Reference checks.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!