The country’s hope for effectively mounting and coordinating a mass national response is largely hinged on the SACAs. A new paradigm is being formed taking into account global experiences for local action. Several multilateral and bilateral donors support the national programme
The Country’s HIV/AIDS pandemic is widely hypothesized to be both a cause and consequence of this humanitarian crisis, with a particularly disastrous impact on people living with HIV/AIDS.
Within this context, the exceeding challenging nature of tasks and demands facing UNAIDS in Nigeria becomes apparent. PCB has encouraged strengthened support for country level (joint) governmental, multilateral, bilateral and nonpublic scaled up response to HIV/AIDS to meet the challenges faced. UNAIDS in Nigeria has thus proposed a management structure to suffice this demand.
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Required Skills and Experience
- Essential: A first university degree in Finance, Accounting, Public or Business Administration or related fields.
- Essential: One to two years of professional experience in administration, finance and budget, human resources in international organization, non-profit organization or private sector. Full proficiency and experience in use of variety of financial management tools and computer software packages such as Enterprise Resource Planning Systems such as oracle.
- Desirable: Relevant experience in an international organization would be an asset.
- Essential: Advanced knowledge of English and/or another official UN language (Depending on Duty Station)
Under the supervision and guidance of the UNAIDS Country Coordinator (UCC), the incumbent will:
The operation officer is responsible for ensuring that the effective financial, human resources and administrative systems are implemented and maintained in the country office.
- Office premises and services management: Ensure the security, good functioning and management of the UNAIDS office including: a) the assist in the management of common premises and services arrangements with other UN agencies, especially UNDP and WHO; b) conduct inventory control and the maintenance of office premises, equipment and transport; c) ensure smooth running of pouch and mail delivery systems, etc., and, (d) Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) compliancy of the UNAIDS office.
- Operations capacity building: Monitor and assess the implementation of UNAIDS office operations and make recommendations as to which systems and procedures could be strengthened to improve efficiency and resource utilization. As required, develop guidelines for improved systems and procedures and make recommendations to the UCC on how the overall work and performance of the organization could be enhanced. Ensure secure and safety of UNAIDS premises
- Perform any other duties as required by the UCC.
- Budget management and control: Assist in the preparation of annual workplans, and monitor and report on budget related issues..
- Operations management and oversight: Ensures efficient delivery of operations and administrative services that reflects positively on the UNAIDS country office and counterparts, which includes the monitoring of financial, administrative, and human resources related issues.
- Reporting: Provide timely reports on the activities of the UNAIDS office. Synthesize information in tables, graphs and charts.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Sound Knowledge and skills in the management of operating budget, analysis of financial information, production of financial reports.
Excellent or demonstrated understanding of UN system. Computer literacy with emphasis on financial / operational systems. Excellent organizational, analytical and managerial skills,operating budgets, analysis of financial
- Commitment to the AIDS response
- Respect for diversity
- Managing performance and resources
- Exercising sound judgement
- Building relationships and Networks
- Working in teams
- Communicating with impact
- Applying expertise
- Delivering results
- Driving change and innovation
- Being accountable
Interested candidated should send:
click here to apply online
The UN is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Application Deadline 14th May, 2013.
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!