Position Title: Laboratory Systems Specialist –FSN-10/FP – 05/5
Under the supervision of the Laboratory Services Team Lead, the incumbent serves as the Activity Manager for PEPFAR funded Laboratory portfolios of one or more CDC supported cooperative agreements (CoAGs). The incumbent serves as a key contributor to the planning, development, and review of these CoAGs which are part of the Annual Country Operational Plan (COP) for Nigeria.
The incumbent provides technical expertise to the Nigeria President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) implementing partners (IPs) as well as to the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH). Among the functions of the incumbent are: Provide laboratory technical expertise and assistance to FMoH and IPs on laboratory quality management systems (QMS), with focus on laboratory management mentorship to attain national and international accreditation; build and strengthen capacities of IPs and FMoH laboratory services in support of HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria and other diseases. The incumbent provides direct support to IPs and FMoH in ensuring quality of HIV testing service through training and technical assistance.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- A Bachelors of Science degree or higher in one of the following: Chemistry, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Biology, Microbiology, or related laboratory science degree is required.
- Applicant should possess knowledge of advance laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS, Laboratory QMS as well as knowledge of the public health laboratory systems in Nigeria.
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Writing in English is required.
- Must have basic computer skills with proficiency in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a multi-disciplinary hospital or health department laboratory is required.
- The applicant should possess training in laboratory systems management with specialized training in TB/HIV testing and diagnostic tests supporting both TB and HIV treatment (CD4, hematology, viral load, blood, chemistry...etc)
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area, Abuja.
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here for full job description
Application Deadline 15th May, 2013
- Ordinarily Resident - N4,069,778 per annum (Starting basic Salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
- In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the U.S. Mission Local Compensation Plan (LCP).
Someone might need this, why not Share it.