GVA Partners is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ASP.NET Developers
The Analyst Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services. The role sits within the Market Operations & Technology (MOT) division and under the Application Development department specifically. The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) who also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience. Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable). The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career. The applicant must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. This candidate must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
- Design and implement applications adhering strictly to SDLC processes
- Ensure applications implementation and release works according to agreed timescales and costs
- Ensure availability and performance of all Applications (95%), proactively Monitoring applications to ensure up to date service delivery (minimum downtimes)
- Responsible for providing trend Analysis to team to enable informed decisions regarding resource management. Submission of daily/weekly activity report.
- Responsible for defect tracking during and post application implementation/deployment
- Ensure all changes go via the change control process, adhere to organisational governance processes for rolling out new systems into production
- Ensure high quality test plans are written for every development module/task, ensure functional & security testing is part of all test plans
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models.
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test
- strategies, plans and delivery.
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET and at least a good understanding of Java
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- 4+ years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above)
- A first degree in Computer Science or any related field.
Mode of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirement should email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Please, state the position you are applying for as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st July, 2013