An independent and neutral organization, its mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. Based in Geneva, Switzerland, it employs some 12,000 people in 80 countries; it is financed mainly by voluntary donations from governments and from national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies.
The ICRC is an impartial, neutral, and independent international humanitarian organisation.
The ICRC Sub-Delegation in Port Harcourt is looking for a qualified candidate with the capacity to work independently to fill in the following interesting position:
Job Title: Field Officer
- A University degree in Project Management, Social Sciences or equivalent field (candidates with 5 years or more relevant experience will be considered in lieu of University Degree)
- 4 years work experience in a similar field; experience in the humanitarian field is an advantage
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Very good analytical skills as well as capacity to make synthesis of complex issues
- Capacity to adapt to ICRC security procedures
- Awareness of the socio-political environment and regularly keeping abreast of developments
- Sense of responsibility, personal awareness and desire to make a positive impact
- Good team spirit and a pro-active attitude
- Good command of any of the languages in the region is mandatory
- Confident public speaker and able to communicate with and related to a varied audience
- Strong understanding of the poiitical and social dynamics in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria as well as its geography and its people
- Excellent computer skills
ResponsibilitiesHow to Apply
- Contributes actively to the continuous analysis of the political, security and socio-economic environment and situation in his region and identification of humanitarian needs
- Actively participates in the networking efforts of the Sub-delegation
- May be asked to perform logistical duties according to ICRC procedure
- Prepares timely written reporting on the activities and guidance on the way forward
- Contributes to set up, design and exchange of ideas on new projects
- Carries out operational activities independently, assesses humanitarian needs and advices appropriate actions to hierarchy.
- Sets up and monitors activities such as distributions of aid goods or community first aid trainings
- Prepares field trips according to CRC procedures
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to:
ICRC Port Harcourt
46B Orogbum Crescent Ayaminima Street,
GRA II. Port Harcourt
Please clearly indicate - Field Officer Port Harcourt''on your envelope
Application Deadline 24th June, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!