Its mission is to produce God-fearing, ethically sound, highly skilled national and global leaders in various fields of human endeavour.
The University took-off with students for the 2012/2013 academic session in the Colleges of Humanities. Natural and Applied Sciences and Social & Management Sciences. The University has well developed teaching/learning and administration facilities in addition to sports and recreation facilities to cater for human wellness.
The University is embarking on massive expansion programme to establish the following Colleges and programmes in the 2013/2014 academic session:
- Environmental Management
- Surveying and informatics
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Geology and Mining Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Hotel Management and Tourism
- Reader/Associate Professor
- Senior Lecturer
- Lecturer I
- Lecturer II
- Assistant Lecturer
- Technologists/technical Staff
- Generally, applicants for lecturing positions must be holders of at least a Bachelors Degree (Second Class Honours (Upper Division)) with Masters Degree from recognized Universities.
- Applicants must have sound knowledge of lecturing functions with research capabilities and experience.
- Applicants in the category of Technologists/Technical Staff must have a minimum of National Technical Certificate (NTC) or equivalent for Technical Staff position and Higher National Diploma (HND) for Technologist position in At the various programmes.
- The point of entry to each position will depend on experience and academic/professional achievements.
- Computer proficiency is mandatory.
- Scholarly publications in reputable journals for academic positions above Assistant Lecturer are mandatory.
- Membership of a professional association is also required.
- Applicants for any position in the College of Medicine must possess appropriate academic and professional qualifications.
- Applicant should normally possess at least three years teaching experience as Lecturer I in a University or Institution of similar status and must also show evidence of significant advancement in scholarly achievements since his/her appointment as a Lecturer I.
- Evidence of scholarly achievements should normally be in the form of research publications, creative work and professional contributions.
- Applicant must have at let a Second Class Honours Bachelors Degree (UpperDivision) and a Masters Degree.
- Applicant must have Ph.D Degree or its equivalent. For Medical Sciences, applicants must have a recognized medical qualification.
- Applicants who possess at least a Master*s Degree with course work and thesis/dissertation in the subject of specialization with a minimum of three years post qualification teaching experience in a University or institution of similar status may also be considered.
- In addition to the qualifications specified for Lecturer II, an applicant for Lecturer I position should have at least 4 (four) years post-doctoral teaching experience and demonstrable ability in research with evidence of scholarship.
- A candidate for this position should normally have not less than 3 years experience as Senior Lecturer in a University or Institution of similar status. Account shall be taken of contributions to teaching in the University as well as Community Service. Cognate professional experience will be an advantage.
- Applicant must have the basic qualifications as for Lecturer II with a clear evidence of scholarship through considerable academic publications, 10 years of post-PhD qualification experience in teaching and research will be an advantage.
Gregory University has attractive conditions of service. However, remuneration shall be competitive and negotiable depending on the quality of applicant and the type/level of employment desired.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward to the Registrar 10 (ten) copies of their type-written applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating:
- Post applied for.
- Full names (surname in capital letters),
- Publications (if any), conferences/seminars/workshops attended, papers presented. etc.
- Names of three referees and their addresses.
- Applicants should also request their Referees to send references on them, under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar.
- Place of birth, date of birth, marital status. State of origin. L.G.A., contact address, mobile telephone number, e-mail address.
- Academic qualifications and where obtained,
- Work experience (teaching and research/work),
- Present employment (indicating present status and salary)
All applications should be addressed to:
Gregory University, Uturu
Uturu, Abia State
Application Deadline 9th July, 2013
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!