Consequently, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the existing vacancy.
Qualifications and Qualities Required of the Candidates
- Candidates to be appointed for the post must:
- Be a respected Senior Academician
- Be of Proven integrity
- Have a personality that is likely to gain respect from staff and students of the University
- Be morally upright and capable of running the University administration with justice equity and fairness
- Be a man of distinction capable of taking right decisions and following laid down procedures
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Be of good health and free from pecuniary embarrassment
- Have requisite qualities and qualifications for providing dynamic leadership to the University
- Be of Proven intellectual standing with requisite Credentials confirming outstanding academic and other achievements
- Be a man of honour and integrity
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of four years and subject to his performance may be re-elected for a second term.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A candidate should possess a relevant P.hD Degree, from any University recognized by the Federal Government of Nigeria, show evidence of good performance for University Library Administration, be of good character and must have a minimum of twenty (20) publications twelve in which must be journal articles and eight conference/seminar papers. Computer Literacy stands to be an added advantage.
- A candidate must have done supervision of Postgraduate students or at least a minimum of thirteen (13) years cognate teaching or working experience at University level, with a Membership of fellowship from a relevant body.
Basic salary and benefits remain within the range of the approved emoluments for the post in accordance with the University System and consent of the council.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are advised to submit soft copies of their Curriculum Vitae with 20 hard copies containing the following information:
(i) Full names
(iii) Marital Status
(iv) Administrative experience
(v) Academic Qualifications with dates
(vii) Community/Public Services
(b) Applications must be accompanied by three (3) referee reports.
(c) A Letter of consent duly signed by the candidate must accompany Curriculum Vitae in respect of searched or nominated candidates
Applications must be addressed to;
Search Panel on the Appointment of Vice-Chancellor,
Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil,
P.M.B. 3244, Kano, Kano State
On or before Tuesday, 9th July, 2013
Someone might need this, why not Share it.