To achieve this, the Media Action partners with civil society, local media and governments to:
- Produce creative programmes based on robust research in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
The BBC Media Action is looking for interested/motivated candidates to join the Team as:
Position: Transport Assistant (Logistics)
Salary Range from N120,000.00 gross per month
Will be responsible for driving project vehicle/personnel and ensuring high safety and security standards while also rendering logistic support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and drive allocated vehicle in a professional manner.
- Ensure that vehicle allocated is clean, in good working condition and safe at all times and must be courteous to personnel being driven.
- Adhere to the roaster and schedule for the drivers to ensure effective distribution and execution of tasks.
- During pick -ups, ensure that staff is assisted in getting luggage out of the arrival area into the vehicle.
- Undertake the dispatch of letters, parcels and any other consignment
- Assist in running errands for the office
- Ensure that particulars of cars allocate are up to date and valid.
- Undertake logistics assignments and tasks as may be assigned by the Senior Logistics Officer and Head of Operations
- Collate, screen and process staff requests for vehicles and respond appropriately as may be required.
- Ensure and adhere to security measures and maximum safety standards during airport drop-off and pick -up and especially during early morning or late night journeys.
- During drop -offs, ensure that staff is assisted in getting luggage into the departure area, securing burden pass and that staff is checked in before departing the airport.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Good knowledge of Nigerian road network, traffic rules and regulations.
- Working experience in an NGO or in a related environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make sound judgement.
- Ability to analyse, interpret critical situations and make sound decisions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess friendly and service-oriented personality
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to maintain composure under intense pressure while working to meet deadlines.
- Secondary school certificate, though a higher certificate will be an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Possession of a valid National Driver’s License
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should please send in their application/cover letter with an introduction and capability statement stating capability for the job, a detailed curriculum vitae (word document please) with names and addresses of at least 2 professional referees (including their telephone, fax and email addresses) not later than 9th July 2013 to email@example.com with the position applied for clearly stated on the application cover letter:
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.