The company has a strong foothold in petroleum products marketing in the international market and is one of the largest and most efficient downstream players with solid roots in Nigeria leading the fuels and lubricants market in Cameroon, Benin, Togo and Cote D' Ivoire.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused Accounts Manager to join their team reporting to the Manager Finance.
- Supervise the Financial Reporting unit in the preparation of various monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to regulatory authorities (NSE and SEC)
- Supervise the Cost and Inventory unit in preparing and generating of Margin and other reports
- Supervise and coordinate the Customer/Control unit to ensure proper report generation, adequate reconciliation and proper record keeping
- Verify the correctness or otherwise of accounting treatments of transactions
- Liaise with Treasury, Lubricant, Invoicing, suppliers and other departments to ensure that appropriate entries are captured correctly in the company books and records.
- Prepare all adhoc reports as may be demanded by Management.
- Coordinate the Annual audit exercise.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of Fixed Asset Schedules and Register.
- Review the correctness of all month-end manual journals to be posted into the system
- Supervise and coordinate the running of SAP month end closing and reconciliations
- Liaise and follow-up with IT Support and SAP Consultants to resolve all matters and issues relating to IT and SAP
- Oversee the preparation of month-end journals to book accruals for freight and bridging claims
- Coordinating and ensuring the preparation of WAC on Sales,
- Supervise all Archive functions with the view to ensuring proper filing and retrieval of documents
- Review of GL, Trial balance and Management Accounts
- Coordinate year end audit and submission of relevant schedules to external Auditors.
- Liaise with external Auditors on all audit matters.
- Assist in determining training requirements of finance staff team
- A minimum of a good first degree in Accounting or in any other relevant field(s) of study
- ACA certified
- MBA or Masters in relevant field will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years industrial experience in accounting;
- Proven managerial capabilities
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and focus on set goals;
- Member of relevant certification body
- Hands-on experience with SAP
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.