The company has a strong foothold in petroleum products marketing in the international market and is one of the largest and most efficient downstream players with solid roots in Nigeria leading the fuels and lubricants market in Cameroon, Benin, Togo and Cote D' Ivoire.
Job Title: Cost and Inventory Accountant
- Monthly preparation of Gross margin analysis and Inventory balance analysis for management review.
- Interact with the Logistics & Supply managers to ensure that the Gross Margin and Inventory Reports reflect the true state of the business.
- Ensure accurate computation of WAC on White products and check the Raw Materials and Finished Goods cost computed by Lubricant Function
- Ensure that Gross margins, Unit margins and relevant adjustments are in accordance with company policies and accounting standards.
- Check the costing database every month before month-end processing to ensure that accurate unit cost figure are used for costing Raw material consumption, Fuel and lubricant sales.
- Preparation of monthly journals to book accruals for freight and bridging claims.
- Run the SAP Month End Closing on the 1st day of every month.
- Coordinate the implementation of process for successful end of month Inventory closing
- Create Item Codes, Item Class, Warehouse and Costs as requested by Business Unit Managers
- Reconcile of over 40 assigned Balance Sheet accounts on or before 18th of the following month.
- Carry out assigned adhoc reports that may be demanded from time to time
- Participate in Safety meetings. Perform assigned roles in Emergency Response /Drill activities. Report (and address, if possible) all act or Condition, Near-miss, incident or accident. Live the tenets of Operational Excellence.
- Ensure adherence to MRS, corporate values and policies
- Ensure ongoing adherence to MRS Business Conduct & Ethics Code and Manual of Compliance Procedures and Guidelines. Act as Champion of the compliance implementation in Nigeria and drive organizational change activities
- A minimum of a good first degree in Accounting or in any other relevant field(s) of study
- ACA certified
- At least 3 years industrial experience in accounting;
- Good practical use of SAP
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information and focus on set goals;
- Membership of relevant certification body
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
Preparing for NLNG Aptitude Test? Get the Past Quests and Answers