An exciting opportunity exists for an energetic and experienced Financial Controller for one of our client subsidiaries situated in Jos, Plateau State to join their team reporting through to the Managing Director.
Job Title: Financial Controller
- Provides counsel to Company’s Managing Director relating to financial and tax considerations of investments and other business transactions.
- Develops long-range strategies to establish and maintain the financial self-sufficiency of Company.
- Establishes Company’s accounting systems and procedures and ensures they are up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Provides advice and review for compliance with appropriate statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and issues quarterly and annual audited financial statements and reports.
- Manages and tracks Company’s funds, assets and investments and periodically issues reports on its current as well as projected financial stability/condition.
- Analyzes general economic, business and financial conditions to assess their impact on Company’s policies, operations and profitability.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with auditors, actuaries, financial institutions, government agencies, joint venture partners and counterparts.
- Identifies sources of financing to expand the scope of Company’s business opportunities.
- Negotiates project financing, structures and documents financial packages and agreements.
- To the extent possible, minimize Company’s tax liabilities.
- Financial management including preparing and filing quarterly and annual reports as well as annual shareholders proxy circulars, etc.
- Presents to analysts and to investors.
- Prepares a monthly written report to Company’s board of directors on the financial standing and conditions of the Company.
- Oversees all activities related to office management/administration, including contracts, leases and vendor agreements. Supervises administrative and financial personnel.
- Has charge and responsibility for all funds and securities of Company. Receives and gives receipts for monies due and payable to Company from any source whatsoever and deposits all such monies in the name of the Corporation in such banks, trust companies or other depositories as shall be selected in accordance with the Bylaws.
- If required by the board, shall give bond for the faithful discharge of his duties in such sum and with such surety or sureties as the board of directors shall determine.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time by the MD or by the Board of Directors
- A good University Degree in Accounting in addition to a recognized professional accounting qualification (ACA, ICMA, ACCA, CPA etc).
- 10 years post qualification working experience in a reputable manufacturing company.
- Must have experience working with the following ERP’s (Enterprise Resource Package) solutions; SAGE Line 500 and SAP
- Member of relevant certification body
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
- Brand identification
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!