An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and focused EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to support the Group Executive Vice Chairman in meeting the foundation’s corporate goals.
- Provides professional representation as needed across a wide spectrum of events, meetings and engagements. Represents EVC as called upon in a variety of fora
- Help manage group real estate portfolio as directed by EVC. This includes; minimising EVC involvement in property administration by providing input on technical issues, attending client meetings where required and building good relationships with clients and business agents
- Research, development and preparation (editing, tailoring to audience) of speeches, technical papers, briefs and suchlike for delivery by EVC.
- Partners with EVC to leverage group identity as well as personal media image of EVC
- Acts as an ‘Ambassador’ for the Group and demonstrates a high level of ownership and independence (able to run the office in the absence of any other senior employee for long periods of time)
- Reviews and manages relevant communications, including but not limited to mail, email, telephone, meetings, reports, newsletters,
- Provides the necessary leadership to work effectively with management, staff, donors and trustees to accomplish the strategic goals of the organization
- Maintains active and productive engagements with external parties, stakeholders, clients and customers
- Manages relevant budgets under his/her purview
- Ability to travel internationally once a month without infringements
- Quality of papers, speeches, briefs produced (content, editing and suitability/appropriateness)
- First degree in a relevant field from a reputable institution
- A masters degree would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 8 years experience supporting topmost executive in a medium sized organisation
- Previous experience working abroad for a significant period of time preferred
- Above average written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills – must be people ‘savvy’
- Ability to work with precision and confidence
- Ability to stay calm/stable under pressure
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with skill and finesse with a spectrum of people – polished communicator
- Self Confident
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Highly professional comportment
- Proficient in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must be internet savvy with strong technical research skills. Must also be familiar with various social media tools
- Competitive salary package and benefits;
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
- Networking opportunities
- International travelling experience