Ad goes here 2GlaxoSmithKline plc is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer.
We have three primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. Our commercial success depends on creating innovative new products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders.
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Location - Town / City: Agbara
Location – Country: Nigeria
Reporting To (Job Title) Distribution Manager
Type of position: Permanent
The job holder will hold primary responsibility for loading, offloading and routing of stock at the warehouse.
- Supervising loading, offloading and routing of stock at the warehouse.
- Enforcing proper documentation and coordination of personnel matters necessary to achieve cost effect loading and offloading operations.
- Managing traffic to and from warehouse to ensure decorum in loading and offloading of trucks.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and placing orders on pallets or shelves, or conveying orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Managing loading and route planning activities, also determining the load factor that minimises cost of transportation.
- Assessing the conditions of trucks and obtaining reasonable assurance that drivers and the trucks are fit for the destination
- Maintaining adequate records of incoming and outgoing warehouse despatches
- Supervising weekly/monthly stock taking exercise and stock reconciliation
- Coordinating and documenting all product returns, leaker/damages in line with the appropriate procedures
- Minimising mix lot, report on short dated products and ensuring recommended stock storage conditions are maintained
- Supervising all housekeeping activities to ensure they are in line with GSK HSE standards and other regulatory requirements.
Minimum of 3 years experience in similar position.
Graduate in business related course or Diploma certificate in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent
Competencies - Warehouse and truck management experience
- Load planning and supervisory skill
- IT skill: Microsoft Excel, Word etc
- Good Communication skill
- Interpersonal skill
Close Date: 22-Jul-2013
Click here to Apply, Click on Supply Chainh to view job