Department for International Development and the Organized Private Sector.
YOUWIN! 3 BUSINESS PLAN COMPETITION
The aim of YouWiN! is to create jobs by encouraging Nigerian youth to employ others through innovation and enterprise. YouWiN! is implemented as an annual Business Plan Competition that culminates in the selection of 1,200 award winners in each cycle.
Federal Government of Nigeria wants you to WIN! YouWin program is not just like other Federal Government Programs where you need to know somebody to win. YouWin is real and people are winning based on merit. I know some close friends who do not know anybody in government and yet they won.
All you need to apply: be a Nigerian citizen aged between 18 - 45 years, have post secondary education, have a proposed business idea that will operate in Nigeria and employ Nigerians, thats all.
The accomplishments of the 1,200 YouWiN! awardees were celebrated at the Presidential Villa on April 12, 2012. YouWiN! Women was the second edition of the entrepreneurial scheme, which was designed for only female entrepreneurs aged 45 years or less.
YouWiN! 3 is the third edition which the application is on-going, it is seeking men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between the ages of 18 to 45 to apply.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 45 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary.
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
Step 1 – Check Your Eligibility
Check that you are qualified to apply. See “Who can apply?” above.
Step 2 – Register
You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
If you have any trouble registering please click here to read our tips and troubleshooting advice, and if you still have problems after following this advice, please contact us.
Step 3 – Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered you need to Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and come back to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send it to us. You can submit only ONE application.
Click here to start registration
YouWiN 3 business plan competition deadline has been extended to 31st January, 2014
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!