Coca-Cola Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below job position;
Job Title: Customer Development Manager
JOB ID: 27788
Any location in CEWA
The Customer development Manger is a newly created position in CEWA BU managing a number of cusotmers , FC and IC, at BU level with full responsibility regarding the core KBIs ( volume, revenue, incidence, OI growth, OOS reduction and optimize order accuracy).
The Customer Development Manager ( CDM)
- Maanges the cusotmer relationship and drive the dialogue with those custoemers towards to value added and build world class customer capabilities by localizing the overall customer process, methodology, tools and securing the required sources.
- Develops the regional strategy for the customers who is responsible, ensures the timely deployment of the strategy at country level through the customer managers in FO, and stewards all the process and the routines required , both with the customers the bottlers and internally.
- Works closely with all the functions to ensure that the customer teams in FO receive all the resources required to drive the execution in local level and drives the capabilities development and coaches the local teams
- Jointly with the Customer strategy manager ensures alignment with the Bottling partners regarding the execution strategy for those customers
i. Develop and implement the mid-to-long term regional customer vision for KO with the customers of his/her responsibility, aligned with the customer’s global or regional strategies as well as the Company’s strategic corridors.
- Works closely with SMM to develop shopper driven customer plans (annual activity calendar, develop the look of success based on consumer and shopper insights)
- Monitors the timely execution of the plan and its effectiveness vs. the agreed KBIs with the customers and internally
- Works closely with the SMM to identify revenue growth opportunities in the customers and develops compelling proposals ( customers and bottling partners)
- Develops the customer segmentation
- Ensures proper DME allocation for the customers and manages jointly with the Productivity manager the optimization in the existing spending
- Leads the negotiations negotiations with the customers at regional level, excluding the commercial terms and conditions which will be kept at local level, to support the execution of the strategic corridors with the customers
- Defines the optimum DMI at regional level to drive category growth and meet the core KBI’s
Set up and steward all the process with the customers ( JBP process, joint reviews, joint score card development, customer mapping, T2T meetings )
Develop robust strategic System Alignment
- Works closely with the Customer strategy Manager to ensure alignment with the Bottling partners, in regional level ( strategy and execution)
- Leads jointly with the customer strategy manager the routines with the Bottling partners in regional level
- Participates actively in the development of the System alignment protocol ( in the first phase)
- Represents CEWA in certain EAG and Global meetings
- Works closely with the EAG and GAT to ensure know-how and best practice transfer in a structured and on-going way
- Works closely with the Capability manager to share and reapply best practices in his area of expertize
- Take action to improve one’s own knowledge and skills
Develop strategic relationships with the customer teams in FO
- Provides adequate support to the customer teams in FO to ensure excellence in execution in local/FO level.
- Ensure adequate, qualitative and structured time in the market throughout the year
- Acts a thought leader for the local teams
- Works closely with the customer teams in FO to define the annual negotiation strategy for the customers in local level (e.g. pricing, DME investment, credit days etc.)
- Works closely with the customer mangers in FO and the Productivity manager to define the negotiation strategy for the each customer targeting to optimize the investment done in the customers
- Works closely with the customer managers in FO to ensure that the critical routines with the customers and the Bottlers are in place in national level
- Works with the Capability development manager to ensure as a System we build robust capabilities in national level identified as critical to win in the winning customers.
- Works closely with the CDM to reengineer the customer teams in national level and the RTM
- Lead the exploration / implementation of Supply Chain improvements and emerging technologies
- Builds the critical capabilities in the customer managers in FO
TCCC Brands/Products TCCC Full Beverage Portfolio
TCCC Product Launches Annually As per BP Customer Relevance (Sales in converted US Dollars) In Phase 1 focus will be behind top customers in CEWA ( 8-10 customers Global, Pan-African)
Countries (# of counties doing business) All Countries in the CEWA BU ( 39 and 29 bottlers)
Operating Budget TBC ; defines the DMI per customer; travelling expenses, best practices customer meetings and hospitality
OPEX USD influenced As a above Countries, BU(s), and/or Group Responsibility BU responsibility affecting all the countries that the key customers have business( 39 countries and 29 bottlers)
Suppliers KO research agencies and customer agencies Productivity The creation of this capability will generate incremental revenue through volume increase due to shopper driven activation ,shifting the dialogue with the customers in the value creation and puts the customer management in an organized and structured way
- Will interact with KO, bottlers and customer senior management, mainly at BU and national levels.
- Will be required to proactively build and maintain relationships with appropriate senior level customer management.
- Will be required to interact and influence Coca-Cola System and Customer Senior management on various advanced customer strategies.
- Will be responsible to influence and guide analytics third party SME’s.
- Understands very well the customer profit model and try to identify opportunities to create value by linking our portfolio, shopper and consumer needs within the customer model
- Develop an effective framework and process to improve Customer Service across CEWA
- Develop Coca-Cola System understanding of the implications, benefits and rationale for implementing new technologies, processes and systems.
- Scenario creating to identify the optimum solution across the value creation model
- Understands advanced analysis of customer business building opportunities and programs/services, including insights of basket analysis, combo meals, purchase occasions, category performance, etc.
- Understand how OBPPC creates value within the customer profit model and develops compelling proposals to the customer and to the System
- Development of new common advanced analytical business processes and systems to measure and evaluate business performance.
- The position will pioneer system wide thinking and expertise in the area of customer management and shift the dialogue towards value creation
- Develops robust customer plans that will create value and ensures through certain process and routines timely execution of the plans
- Builds robust relationships within the System and with the customers to ensure to optimize the benefits of the new customer model
- Influencing key decision makers and stakeholders to make final decisions (internally, System and customers) in various areas (e.g. capabilities development, new launches in case of OBPPC, new RTM, structure etc.)
- Identifies value creation initiatives and connects them with the local strategies and plans.
- Actively involved in the customer BP and ABP for the customer team
- Set ups process and routines internally and with the customers
- Set up a process of sharing best practices
- Works internally with various stakeholders to get proper support and alignment
In the first phase there is one direct report and in phase 2&3 will be increased to three. Indirectly he or she will have close interaction with the customer teams in the FO
However due to the job scope this person should work and communicate effectively and efficiently with
- KO Brand teams
- KO K&I team
- KAMs and customer management teams in the FO
- Franchise Operations Teams
- Bottler Commercial Team
- EAG/Global Account Team
Delivers results: takes the acountability, ensuring productive, efficient execution against priorities. Sets streching but realistic goals and removes barriers to ensure top quality results
Balances Immediate & Long-Term Priorities – Meets critical objectives while considering the impact of those activities on longer-term goals. Translates strategic direction into personal actions/plans.
Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
Communicating & influencing effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
Lives TCCC Values & Ethics: Demonstrates the values and ethics of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
Knowledge and Skills:
Customer development: Knowledge of customer profit model and links our portfolio with consumer and shopper need within the customer model to create value for the customer and the System
Retail Merchandising and Shopper driven Category Management: Knowledge of how to build and implement an effective in-store merchandising program in order to drive increases in consumer purchase.
Portfolio Marketing & Revenue Growth Management: Knowledge of how to build and leverage multiple brands and categories to drive maximum value with the Customer, Shopper and Consumer.
Consumer Knowledge: Knowledge of making global Brands connect with the consumer for long lasting preference leading to loyal adoption.
Project Management: Establishing courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently; identifies more critical and less critical activities and tasks; effectively allocates time to complete work; coordinates others.
Shopper Knowledge: Knowledge of in-store consumer purchasing behaviour in order to develop effective in-store merchandising programs.
Retailing: Knowledge of the retail industry (retailers, competitors, trends, visual merchandising, and general business environment) related to multiple channels.
Channels: Knowledge of specific channels of distribution, including competitive set, target consumers and key trends, including the ability to use information in the identification of new opportunities that are aligned with agreed business objectives.
Winnig and collaborative attititude; work in a new enviroment with a lot of complexity,diversity and new rules of engagement need to be done; flexibity to identify qucik and win-win solutions and passion to cretae a strong legacy
Imports and Exports Good Ideas – Shares and adopts ideas in and outside the Company. Leverages insights to inform actions or gain support. Embraces change.
Drives Innovative Business Improvements – Develops ideas and gains others’ commitment. Seizes opportunities that can deliver the greatest value. Promotes an environment of creative thinking and innovation.
Develops & Inspires Others – Develops others, improving their skills and capabilities. Provides, seeks and accepts feedback. Supports the diverse contribution of others. Engages others through effective and influential communication
Building Value-Based Relationships: Generating alliances internally and externally by continuously identifying and acting on those things that will create success for the Company and its customers, bottlers, suppliers, communities, and governments.
Solid understaning of the System ( internally and with the Bottlers)
- 10+ years of successfully System experience in the areas of customer and strategy development, shopper or customer key account management in large scale and high impact
- Proven thought leadership in the ability to properly blend various kinds of analyses and data sources to craft action-oriented recommendations that drive business growth.
- Proven ability to influence people and align resources toward a common strategic goal, leveraging best-in-class approaches and methodologies while fine-tuning them to meet specific customer needs; ability to effectively interact and influence Sr Mgt.
- Proven ability to lead multiple simultaneous projects with challenging goals and objectives; proven ability to redirect resources according to needs.
- International or multi countries experience is preferred
- University Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Knowledge of French will be a plus
- MBA Preferred
- Will be exposed and must communicate primarily in English, French and in Portuguese
- Must be proficient in social and cultural matters of all the countries in CEWA.
- Adaptable to interact with all cultures in Sub-Sahara Africa, Europe and USA.
- Direct interaction with Bottlers & Customers and their different culture and business backgrounds.
Professional working conditions, with exposure to security risks when travelling in less secure and/or underdeveloped countries.
Significant travel, more than 50%, is required for travel mostly in CEWA and EAG countries but some to Europe and the USA.
- This is a critical role within the customer engagement model in CEWA and requires a person with solid System understanding, robust analytical and strategic skills, positive and winning attitude strong attitude, and drive to build a shopper culture in CEWA and ability to work and deliver exceptional results under pressure and complexity.
- This position provides the opportunity for development to gain deep knowledge of the drivers for successful integration of key business processes, consumer marketing-customer development-sales & execution-retailers business, required to secure a “win” with customers that enable the Coca-Cola System to access prestigious store locations linked to priority occasions by delivering transformational activation that creates sustainable System value step-up.
- The position is newly created and requires a winning and changing attitude and set of skill and knowledge, such as: a clear holistic understanding of how our system works, a proven general management background and the ability to move strategic frameworks and principles into tangible actions and capabilities is indispensable.
- The role requires a senior manager with proven track record in managing our business and personal credibility with the senior constituencies that interacts and influences.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 20th February, 2014
Employment Opportunities at Manpower Nigeria. Apply Now!