operations in Nigeria. The companies’ oil & natural gas production activities contribute to one of the largest sources of revenue for the Nigerian government and economy.
Career opportunities exist for ambitious and result-oriented individuals within the Geoscience function. We are recruiting superior caliber Trainee Geoscientists with the highest standards of integrity, capacity for hard work, ability to build strong working relationships and effectively interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Job Title: Trainee Geoscientists
The successful candidates will undergo a 2-5 year training program in various Geoscience skill areas. The training will be on the job combined with formal training and will prepare the individuals for assignments in any designated aspect of petroleum exploration and production anywhere in Nigeria.
The successful candidate must have clear understanding of basic Geoscience concepts and principles, as well as be self- motivated with the ability to make effective individual contributions within a functional team. No previous experience is required, but demonstrated ability to learn and integrate quickly is an advantage.
The ideal candidate must possess allot the following qualifications:
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Geoscience (Geology/Geophysics). Candidates expecting to obtain a PhD. or Master’s degree by October 2014 may also apply
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second class upper in Geoscience (Geology/ Geophysics) or Physics
- NYSG discharge or exemption certificate
These positions offer competitive compensation and benefit package commensurate with what is obtainable in the Upstream oil & gas industry.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements listed for this position, please place your online application at:
http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV), degree certificate(s) or unofficial transcript(s), latest transcript if presently enrolled on a Master’s programme and NYSC Discharge or Exemption certificate. Applications without appropriate upload of these documents will be disqualified.
How To Navigate The Website
To view a PDF copy of the advertised vacancy
- Log onto www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria
- Click on advertised job positions
- Log onto www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/apply
- Click on 'Search openings'
- In the 'keyword' search box, enter 17111BR
- Click 'Search'
- Click on '2014 Global Geoscience Campus'
- Begin your application process by clicking on ‘Apply to Job’ (create login ID -email address and password required)
Please Note that any application placed outside ExxonMobil ‘Jobs and Careers in Nigeria’ page on www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria is placed at the applicant’s sole risk
Neither MPN nor EEPNL will take responsibility for any job vacancies place outside its job and Careers page on http://www.exxonmobil.com/careers/nigeria/
Application Deadline 25th February, 2014
Preparing for NLNG Aptitude Test? Get the Past Quests and Answers